QuickBooks 2016 is here! If you are upgrading to QuickBooks 2016 please note that we have only tested Version 6 of our Transaction Pro Importer and Exporter with this latest version of QuickBooks. In addition going forward Version 6 of our Transaction Pro Importer and Exporter will be the only versions that will continue to get periodic updates for new features and any bug fixes. If you are an existing user of Transaction Pro Importer or Exporter you can receive a discount on Version 6 on our website.
In order to ensure a successful upgrade from a previous version of QuickBooks you should review Intuit Knowledge Base Article 12071 which suggest that you perform the steps listed below to ensure a smooth update of your company file:
- Resort your lists.
- Verify your data file.
- Rebuild your data file.
- Check your Qbwin.log file for error messages.
- Make sure the updated data file is in good shape by running the Verify Data utility after you finish the update. Full instructions on how to update your company file can also be found in Intuit Knowledgebase Article 12071 which is linked to above.
If you are also upgrading your Transaction Pro Importer or Exporter to Version 6 from a previous version below you will find answers to common questions and info on how to transfer your maps and settings to Version 6.
Do I need to install Transaction Pro Exporter/Importer 6.0 on the same machine as my existing Transaction Pro Importer License?
You can install the new license or upgrade on any machine. TPI6 or TPE6 does not need to be installed on the same machine that the previous version was installed.
How do I apply/move my existing mapping and settings to Transaction Pro Importer 6.0?
There are a few easy steps that you need to follow:
1. Options selected: Open up your older version of Transaction Pro Importer and select the options screen. Make notations of which options that you have selected. You will need to select these same options after installing TPI 6.
2. Map Files: Any maps that you created with the older version of Transaction Pro Importer will have a .dat extension on them. If you do not remember where these map files were saved open up the older version of Transaction Pro Importer and advance to the mapping screen. You will see where the map file is saved at the top of the Transaction Pro Importer mapping screen in red. When you get to the TPI 5 mapping screen you will select the load map button and navigate to where you saved these map files. Please note that if you have a version prior to TPI 4.0 the maps may not convert. If you have any difficulties with converting older files email support at transactionpro.com.
3. Advanced Command Line Parameters: If you used any command line parameters you will need to set them up in TPI 6 (note if on a version prior to 5 replace the – with a /). You can view what command line parameters that you have set up by right mouse clicking on the older Transaction Pro Importer shortcut and selecting properties and looking to see if anything was added in the target box after .exe”. You can read more about command line parameters here.
4. Editing fields.tpi: If you made any changes to the fields.tpi file you will also need to make these changes in TPI 6. You can read more on this in the help file document,”Modifying Field Lengths.”
5. What new features have been added to this version?
You can read more about the new features here.
How do I apply/move my existing mapping to Transaction Pro Exporter 6.0?
Any maps that you created with the older version of Transaction Pro Exporter will have a .dat extension on them. If you do not remember where these map files were saved open up the older version of Transaction Pro Exporter and after retreiving the data from QuickBooks select the Select Fields button. You will see where the map file is saved at the top of the Transaction Pro Exporter mapping screen in red. When you get to the TPE 6 Select Fields screen you will select the load map button and navigate to where you saved these map files.
What if I need additional help in getting Transaction Pro Exporter/Importer 6 set up?
You should first take advantage of these great resources:
This support forum especially the FAQ section.
Transaction Pro Blog for detailed articles on each import type. Mouse over the How To in the title bar to find specific articles on transaction or list imports.
Transaction Pro Knowledge Base.
If you are still having difficulties and are within the first 30 days after product registration you can email your questions to support at transactionpro.com.
So how did your upgrade to QuickBooks 2016 or Transaction Pro Exporter or Importer Version 6 go? Please let us know in the comments below.